July 22 to August 16/ Nov 4 to Nov 29, 2019. Place: Organic Farm Río Muchacho . Location: Near Canoa, Ecuadorian Coast, South America
Theoretical & practical course. Duration: 4 weeks. Language: English
• History of agriculture & problems of our present food system
• Principles of Agroecology
• 5 methods of composting
• Organic fertilisers, biochar, compost tea
• Minimum till and mulch gardening
• Permaculture and regenerative agriculture
• Pest & disease prevention and management
• Biodynamic farming – history, principles, preparations
• Seed saving, bee keeping, vermiculture
• Natural food preparation & wild foods
• Plant propagation, alternative energy, soils, composting toilets and much more!
Other cultural activities included:
Chocolate and coffee making, crafting mate cups and spoons, fishing river shrimp, local clay face mask and fresh aloe vera treatment, horse riding, visiting monkey forest, etc.
Free time activities:
Surfing, yoga, paragliding, hiking, kayaking, biking etc
Price: $1200 incl. accommodation and 3 homegrown meals / day – 1000$ for early bird registration! For further information, please see our website www.riomuchacho.com or contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or farm phone +593 (05) 3020487 at 12 to 6pm
« An amazing experience that combines discovering a new culture, travel and education » Estelle Andrieu
Río Muchacho is recommended by: Lonely Planet, Trip Advisor, Nat Geo, Le Routard.
And is part of the local network Red de Guardianes de Semillas